Saturday, June 15, 2024 - Login

Adelaide Casino expansion to begin in June

SkyCity Entertainment says the AS$330 million ($248 million) expansion of its Adelaide Casino into an IR will begin next month and Australian construction firm Hansen Yuncken has been appointed as project manager.

The expansion will add a 123 room luxury hotel and spa, new VIP gaming facilities, three new bars and three additional signature restaurants. It also significantly increases the size of the casino, with a 30 percent increase in casino product. The design incorporates flexibility to allow for further capacity if required and adds four VIP gaming salons, the company said in a presentation to investors.

“The expansion of Adelaide Casino will create a significant drawcard for South Australia, helping to boost tourism and economic development across the state, and we are thrilled to be working with Hansen Yuncken, a company that shares our commitment to South Australian jobs and development,” Adelaide Casino General Manager Luke Walker said.

Main construction of the expansion project will begin in June 2018, with expected completion in 2020. The project is expected to create 1,000 jobs during the construction phase.

SkyCity says 90 percent of the construction costs are fixed, with the remaining 10 percent “remaining within its control,” such as fit out.

Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.

Contact us

PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264

Asia Gaming Brief