Nagasaki Prefectural Government Planning & Development section chief Matsuyama Satoshi says the government is planning to conduct its Request for Information (RFI) process in December.
Matsuyama made the comments to Asia Gaming Brief in an interview during the MGS Entertainment Show on Tuesday. Matsuyama added that the government is planning to select the winning IR proposal in 2019.
Earlier this year, Nagasaki Governor Hodo Nakamura told AGB that the RFI process would be conducted by the end of this year, with an eye to compiling the prefecture’s basic plan around next March.
Governor Nakamura also stated that a Nagasaki prefectural task force to consider gambling addiction policies will be established in the near future.
Nagasaki has proposed that its existing Huis Ten Bosch theme park in Sasebo city become the base of a regional IR. This theme park is built to resemble a Dutch village, celebrating the centuries when Nagasaki was Japan’s only open port, the gateway for all of the nation’s interchanges with the European world.
It has been recently confirmed by AGB that Nagasaki is being advised in their bid by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LLC.
Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.
ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264