Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGO) have agreed to implement measures against the coronavirus after the country’s first death from the viral disease on Saturday, local media reports.
In an interview with Philippine News Agency, Dr. Olga Virtucio, head of the Parañaque City Health Office, said POGOs have promised to cooperate with local health offices to establish preventive measures against the disease.
This includes mainly information and education on the disease and its prevention.
As well as these measures, Virtucio said there will also be intensified inspections to ensure compliance with local health and sanitation codes.
Virtucio said she will be personally visiting POGO establishments in Parañaque City, while POGOs in other jurisdictions will be dealt with by their respective local health officials.
“All of these will be put in place to make sure that our big establishments, these POGO establishments, will be properly informed. It is really information and education that will be very important at this time,” Virtucio said.
Last week, PAGCOR issued a memorandum to all POGO and service providers, ordering them to exercise extreme caution in selecting employees to be sent to the Philippines. Another Order has been issued to impose a 10-day quarantine on all newly hired and returning employees from countries with coronavirus cases.
POGO said even before its memorandum, some companies have already voluntarily stopped the entry of such workers into the country.
Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.
ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264