Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Booking cancellations at Solaire only temporary: Razon


Bloomberry Resorts’ Solaire Resort and Casino saw a number of guest cancellations following last week’s attack at Resorts World Manila, but executives continue to be optimistic for the rest of the year, The Inquirer reports.

On Thursday, Bloomberry Resorts Corporation chair Enrique Razon Jr. said the company saw guests and players withdraw their reservations from the Solaire Resort and Casino immediately following the incident at RWM.

“We had a total of 40 bookings from individuals and junket [operators who cancelled],” he said.

The tycoon however said he was optimistic that the rapid growth of the sector in the first quarter of 2017 would continue for the rest of the year.

“The [gaming industry] is going stronger this year, so far. In the first quarter, we had clear growth of 48 percent,” Razon said. You have to be happy with that.”

Razon said that the aftereffects of the incident on local tourism will “die down soon”, whilst pointing out that Solaire is one of the most security conscious gaming properties in the country.

“Our security measures are quite stringent already,” he said. “We started beefing up our security measures after the Davao bombing last year, and then we increased the security level when the Marawi incident started. We’re already very tight.”

“[The issue of safety] is extremely sensitive, because it’s a hospitality business,” he said. “You have a hotel, and you have food and beverage outlets, so people have to feel safe. We have to make sure people feel safe when they’re on the property, or in the country for that matter.”

Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.

3rd party / Cookies
Show settings
Contact us

ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264

Asia Gaming Brief