Saturday, July 02, 2022

Crown settles Sydney sightline dispute


Crown Resorts has settled a legal dispute with Infrastructure New South Wales (ISNW) and will retain the view of Sydney Harbour from its new VIP property in the city.

A court previously ruled in favour of Crown to stop the construction of a development that would have blocked the sightline from its new resort. However, the government in February sought leave to appeal the ruling.

As a result of the settlement, INSW will not proceed with the appeal, Crown said. The terms are confidential. 

“Crown is satisfied with the outcome of the settlement and the retention of the sight lines across Central Barangaroo from the Harbour Bridge to the Sydney Opera House,” the company said in a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange. “Crown remains focused on the delivery of the Crown Sydney Hotel Resort and welcoming our first guests in early 2021.”

Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.

3rd party / Cookies
Show settings
Contact us

ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264

Asia Gaming Brief