Thursday, August 18, 2022

Fire at Hotel Lisboa caused by short circuit


A fire that broke out at SJM Holding’s Hotel Lisboa was caused by a short circuit and brought under control within five minutes, local media reports.

Macau Firefighters Corp dispatched 42 personnel to deal with the blaze that broker out at about midnight.  

The emergency services said they didn’t believe the strong wind and rain from Typhoon Bebinca was a factor in the fire. Macau News Agency said the hotel had provided a statement saying the short circuit was caused by strong wind and rain water penetrating the lighting cover.

No one was injured in the incident.

 

Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.

3rd party / Cookies
Show settings
Contact us

ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264

Asia Gaming Brief