Sunday, June 26, 2022

Govt mulls setting cap on casino shuttle buses


The Macau government is considering a possible cap on the number of casino shuttle buses operating in the city, according to Transport Bureau director Kelvin Lam Hin Sang.

“Regarding opinions on limiting the number of casino shuttle buses, the Transport Bureau will study the viability, coordinating with the licensing bureau,” said Lam, quoted in a report by Macau Business.

A total of 454 buses were running in the city as of February this year, providing a total of 62 routes, according to Lam, down by 13 buses and three routes from 2016.

The number of casino buses also dropped last year after a number of gaming operators launched joint shuttle bus services.

When asked whether the authorities have any plans to decrease the number of casino shuttle buses and whether the government can effectively supervise the routes taken by the shuttle buses, Lam said there was no law at the moment to punish gaming operators for changing their bus routes, as it is privately run.

“The Bureau will continuously communicate with gaming corporations and pay close attention to their execution of decreasing the number of casino shuttle buses,” the director wrote, adding that the Bureau will be pushing operators to adopt more joint shuttle services.

Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.

3rd party / Cookies
Show settings
Contact us

ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264

Asia Gaming Brief