Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Macau gov't to strengthen security amid gaming industry transition


Macau’s government will look to strengthen supervision and security controls in and around casinos to ensure Macau remains safe during the ongoing adjustment of the gaming industry, said Secretary for Security, Wong Sio Chak.

Speaking at the Beijing-Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Prison Forum, Wong acknowledged that the adjustment in the gaming industry could pose some challenges to Macau’s public security and that he will take all necessary measures to ensure those changes do not affect public security.

Wong stressed that Macau remains a safe city, as shown by the official crime statistics for the first two quarters of 2015 and noted that there had been a continuous decrease in serious criminal cases, in addition to improved rates of crime detection. 

Regarding the alleged fraud case involving Macau gaming promoter Dore, the Judiciary Police is probing the case, following the complaints it has received, Wong said. He added that this case was complex as it involved numerous people and a large amount of capital. 

Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.

3rd party / Cookies
Show settings
Contact us

ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264

Asia Gaming Brief