MGM China Holdings says the Jan. 29 opening of its MGM Cotai resort will kick off a series of celebrations designed to showcase the HK$27 billion property ($3.4 billion).
The launch of the resort was delayed from Q4 of last year, in part because of damage from Typhoon Hato, which swept through the territory in August. After the opening of the jewellry box-design IR, the only major property still in the pipeline will be that of SJM Holdings’ Lisboa Palace.
“MGM COTAI has been uniquely and meticulously designed for this market and demonstrates our commitment to supporting Macau’s continued evolution into a global destination for tourism and leisure. As planned, on January 29, our exceptional resort will open its doors to the public and importantly to the people of Macau to discover its rich content and all of the treasures we built and dedicated for them. Following the opening we will host a series of celebratory events that will carry on throughout 2018,” said Grant Bowie, CEO MGM China.
On February 13, in anticipation of Chinese New Year, MGM will host the official grand opening ceremony and gala dinner to be officiated by government officials.
There will be ongoing culinary experiences and the opening to the public of the HK$100 million art collection.
Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.
ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264