Saturday, June 25, 2022

Resorts World Las Vegas to begin construction in 16Q4


Resorts World general counsel Gerald Gardner has told the Nevada Gaming Control Board that full-scale construction will get underway in earnest in the fourth quarter this year, with site activity starting to increase this summer. Gardner told officials that the $4 billion resort is expected to be completed by 2019, a year later than previously projected.

The announcement came almost a year to the day since the ground-breaking ceremony for the project took place with a traditional lion dance, attended by high ranking officials including Gov. Brian Sandoval.

The resort is being built at the north end of the Strip where the Stardust stood and where Boyd Gaming abandoned its Echelon project. Malaysia based Genting bought the site from Boyd in 2013 and is using the partially built Echelon structures.

Genting’s board met in Las Vegas to get approvals for a range of applications including suitability findings for several executives and corporate entities. The applications will be sent to the Nevada Gaming Commission in two weeks’ time for final approval.

Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.

3rd party / Cookies
Show settings
Contact us

ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264

Asia Gaming Brief