Sunday, June 26, 2022

Three gambling venues remain closed following Hato


Two casinos and one slot parlour remains closed following severe floods caused by Typhoon Hato, according to TDM News.

The casinos include Broadway in Cotai and Legend Palace at Fisherman’s Wharf, the latter of which is looking to return to operations before the end of the month.

Head of casino operations at Macau Legend Development, Fredrick Ip, told TDM News that essential equipment such as internet servers and air conditioning had been damaged by flooding.

Ponte 16, also suffered from damage, with its ground floor closed due to flood damage.

Hoffman Ma, executive director of the Success Universe Group says it expects it to reopen within the next two weeks, and has moved some tables to the upper floors in the meantime.

While he said it would take months to buy and reinstall all equipment and appliances, he expects Legend Palace to reopen around September 23.

Slot machine parlour Mocha Inner Harbour however, remains shut down, according to comments from DICJ speaking to TDM, there was no date specified as to when it would reopen.

Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.

3rd party / Cookies
Show settings
Contact us

ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264

Asia Gaming Brief