Friday, December 09, 2022 - Login

RWM says it will ‘defend’ casino license


The operator of Resorts World Manila on Tuesday said it will exert all efforts to “preserve and defend” the company’s provisional license, following Pagcor's announcement last Friday.

Last week, the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) ordered the suspension of all gaming facilities and activities of Resorts World Manila, pending its investigation into RWM’s liability during the June 2 casino attack.

“The said suspension will remain until RWM rectifies its serious security lapses and deficiencies – which caused not only the loss of lives and damaged properties – but also placed the Philippine gaming, tourism and hospitality industries in bad light,” said Pagcor in a statement on its website on Friday.

Travellers International on Tuesday confirmed that it will abide by the order and will fully cooperate with the authorities on all investigations relevant to the incident.

Asia Gaming Brief is a news and intelligence service providing up to date market information for worldwide executives on relevant gaming issues in Asia.

Contact us

ASIA GAMING BRIEF
PO Box 1139, Macau SAR
Tel: +853 2871 7267
Fax: +853 2871 7264

Asia Gaming Brief